ANNOUNCEMENT - Coverage for Customers due to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Private Hospital Admission21 Oct 2021
Dear Valued Customers,
Please be informed that Gibraltar BSN is offering our customers a lump sum payment to cover medical expenses due to COVID-19 hospitalisation in a private hospital. This benefit is provided on a complimentary basis to all eligible customers.
1. Offer Period
15 October 2021 until 31 January 2022.
2. Benefit Offered
We provide a lump sum payment if a customer is hospitalised at any private hospitals in Malaysia due to active medical treatment for COVID-19 clinical stage 3, 4, and 5 respectively according to Ministry of Health Malaysia’s categorisation.
The lump sum amount payable is based on the following table:
1Payable only if the person is aged below 60 years old.
The payable benefit will not impact your annual limit and lifetime limit of your in-force medial policy. If there is a change of Category during the COVID-19 treatment in the private hospital, the benefit amount payable will be according to the applicable amount for the highest Category 3, 4 or 5 being treated for.
Please do note that the complimentary coverage offered may be changed or withdrawn according to situational circumstances.
3. Eligible Customers
This benefit is offered to Malaysians only. It is offered to all in-force Smart Link and GoProtect customers who own an eligible medical plan (Smart Health or Smart Health Plus) within the offer period from 15 October 2021 until 31 January 2022.
The complimentary COVID-19 coverage is not offered if any of the following conditions is/are met for any in-force policy(ies) that the customer has/have during claim;
- There is policy or premium loan; or/and
- There is outstanding premium; or/and
- The policy is under premium holiday status; or/and
- The policy is under waiver of premium claim.
A 30 days waiting period will apply from the Reinstatement Date of the policy, whichever is later.
Each customer is entitled for this benefit under one (1) policy only despite he or she having multiple medical policies with Gibraltar BSN.
Also, each customer is entitled for this benefit only once during the period despite if he or she is hospitalised again for Covid-19 treatment under the applicable Categories during the offer period.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does this benefit cover?
We provide a lump sum payment if a customer is hospitalised in any private hospitals in Malaysia due to active medical treatment for COVID-19 in clinical stage 3, 4, and 5 respectively according to Ministry of Health Malaysia’s categorisation.
- Am I eligible for this benefit?
This benefit is offered to Malaysians only. It is offered to all in-force Smart Link and GoProtect customers who own an eligible medical plan (Smart Health or Smart Health Plus) and are hospitalized with COVID-19 at a private hospital within the coverage period from 15 October 2021 until 31 January 2022.
- What is the coverage period of this benefit?
The coverage period is from 15 October 2021 until 31 January 2022, both dates inclusive.
- Is there an age limit for this complimentary coverage?
Yes, lump-sum payment is only payable for those aged below 60 years old.
- Do I need to pay any additional fees to enjoy this benefit?
- Does this benefit apply to hospitalisation in both private and government hospitals in Malaysia and outside Malaysia?
This benefit is only payable if you are hospitalised in a private hospital in Malaysia.
- Can I make a multiple claims if I am hospitalised more than once due to Covid-19 infection?
No. You only can claim once despite having multiple policies with us or multiple hospitalisation.
- Am I entitled to this complimentary benefit if my policy has premium loan or policy loan?
- Am I entitled to this complimentary benefit if my policy has outstanding premium?
- Am I entitled to this complimentary benefit if my policy has an existing waiver of premium claim?
- Am I entitled to this complimentary benefit if I have an existing medical claim?
- Is there any waiting period for this complimentary benefit to take effect on my current policy?
No. There is no waiting period and this complimentary benefit is immediately extended to your current policy.
However, a 30 days waiting period will apply from Risk Commencement Date or Reinstatement Date of your policy if you reinstate your policy during the eligibility period.
- How can I make a claim for this benefit?
Please contact our agents or reach out to our Customer Careline at 1 300 22 6262.
- Where can I obtain further information?
Please contact our Customer Careline at 1 300 22 6262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.