We are pleased to share that Integrated Health Plans (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (IHP) has been appointed as our new third party claims administrator for medical claims effective 1 February 2021.
IHP is a leading managed care organisation and third party administrator with local offices and 24/7 call centres in Malaysia and Singapore.
In line with the change, there will be a new e-Medical Card under the IHP Mobile App (“Medical App”). You may also use the Medical App to view your Claim History and Entitlement.
Download the Medical App here:
Please be assured that there will be no change in the hospitalisation process but you can look forward to a new service standard.
For admission assistance, you may call the new toll free hotline:
1. Who is Gibraltar BSN’s new Third-Party Administrator?
Integrated Health Plans (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd ("IHP") is Gibraltar BSN’s new Third-Party Administrator ("TPA") engaged to manage the Company’s Individual Medical & Employee Benefit Policy medical claims.
When authorised by Gibraltar BSN, IHP will guarantee and pay the Insured’s medical expenses incurred during Hospitalisation according to the policy terms and conditions.
However, this value-added service is only available to the Insured after the TPA has verified the status of the Insured’s medical insurance policy, confirmed the eligibility of the Insured, and ascertained that the Insured’s medical condition for Hospitalisation does not fall under any exclusions.
2. Will there be any changes to my policy coverage?
No, there will be no changes to your existing policy coverage.
3. Will there be any changes to my admission or medical claims process?
No, there will be no changes to the admission or medical claims process.
4. Are the list of panel hospitals the same as before?
The list of panel hospitals has been widened to include more hospitals. Please refer to the list here.
5. Why should I download the Medical App?
The Medical App will contain your e-Medical Card and will allow you to view the claims that you have made.
7. I currently own a physical Medical Card. Can I still use it?
Your current physical Medical Card is no longer valid as we now have a new Third-Party Administrator ("TPA"). Please download the Medical App to access your new e-Medical Card.
8. I am not IT savvy and don’t know how to use apps. Can I still opt for a physical card?
9. If I forget to bring my physical Medical Card/mobile phone with e-Medical Card during my cashless admission, what should I do?
10. Can I get a replacement card if I lose my card?
Please contact our Customer Careline and report the loss of the physical card. We recommend that you download the Medical App to receive your e-Medical Card.
If you wish to have a physical card, please contact our Customer Careline at 1300-22-6262 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that RM10 will be charged for subsequent physical Medical Card reprinting.
11. My family has 4 policies with medical riders with Gibraltar BSN. Do I need to download the Medical App mobile app on 4 different mobile phones?
No. If you are the insured member and policy owner of these 4 policies, you may download the Medical App on one mobile phone. You may access all your dependents’ e-Medical Cards by using your NRIC and Password as login credentials.
12. My dependent encounter difficulty during registration and error message prompt ‘Record Not Found. Invalid User ID, Password or Company ID. Please try again’
Please use the dependant’s NRIC (without hyphen) and Password as login credential.
13. What should I do if the doctor has scheduled a surgery for me two weeks from now?
14. I am new customer and I just purchased a medical rider from Gibraltar BSN. How and when will I be notified?
Once your insurance application is approved, you will receive communication via digital or post from Gibraltar BSN within 3-5 working days with a guide on how to download the Medical App. Alternatively, you may refer to here.
15. Can I access my e-Medical Card immediately on the Medical App after I receive my e-Policy document ?
Yes. In fact, you may access your e-Medical Card within 3-5 working days after your insurance application is approved.
16. Can I use my e-Medical Card for cashless admission within first 30 days after policy issued?
No. For non-accident admission, the cashless facility is only available after the 30-day waiting period.
17. What if I forget my user ID / Password?
The User ID is your NRIC number and the Password is your date of birth.
Example for NRIC no. 900201-88-8888:
User ID: 900201888888